Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Custom Facebook URL (Username)

Thank you to all of the wonderful people who have "Liked" me on Facebook. This has allowed me to apply for a custom URL, so I can now be found at www.facebook.com/nexusmaille, instead of having a long string of digits there. (I've just found out that these are also referred to as "vanity URLs" - doesn't say too much about my personal character, does it?)

I don't know if you were aware of this, but anyone who has more than 25 people liking them can create their own Username for a Facebook URL. Just a few things to be careful of - firstly, you are not guaranteed to get the name you want, as each name is unique and can never be used again. The second thing is - once you have chosen the name, there is no going back... so make sure you spell it correctly when you type it in, and if you have more than one page, make sure you attach it to the correct page!

Click here to link to the Help page on Facebook.

To show my gratitude, I will be creating a pair of Sterling Silver chainmaille earrings, and holding a random draw of Facebook fans. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment